Just 'Cuz Basic PD Board V1.0
Just 'Cuz Basic PD Board V1.0
Just 'Cuz Robotics has designed a helpful, functional, compact, lightweight PCB to make wiring your bots, simple, easy, and less error-prone.
WARNING: The bottom of the board has exposed copper regions that, if in contact with a conductive surface, can short circuit. Do not secure this board directly to a conductive metal plate, and ensure that an insulative spacer (electrical tape, hot glue, plastic cover) is used before connecting a battery if resting on a conductive surface. These regions are exposed to allow easy soldering to the underside of the board, but they are separated for a reason!
- Convenient plated slots for Fingertech Mini Power Switch, or to run wires for your own switch/link, to disconnect battery voltage from all devices
- Switch/link connection connects battery positive to all other connector positive terminals, VBat pin, and the corresponding copper pad underneath. Must be shorted with 18AWG or larger wire for testing without a switch/link.
- Massive copper pads on the underside for increased current-carrying and heat dissipation
- Convenient mounting points for up to four XT30 or XT30U connectors! Battery, Weapon, and two drive sides (I recommend using Male for Battery and Female for others on the board)
- Clearly marked orientation for connectors to avoid reverse polarity ruining your parts
- Use any connector or combination of direct soldering and connectors
- Can connect as many other devices as you wish to the copper pads under the board - no need to use just four!
- Convenient 3-pin header location for connecting a BEC or battery voltage tolerant receiver* with a standard servo plug [connect red + and black (- or G) wires only] (pins not included)
- No need for a messy wire 'squid' to wire all your ESCs!
- Convenient M2 mounting screw holes to hold down the board or attach a cover
- Size is just 32mm x 20mm or 1.26" x 0.77"
- The bare board weighs only 2 grams, XT30U connectors add ~1 gram each
- Clear labels for all components and pins for easy assembly and troubleshooting
- 3D model access included here in all formats
*Some receivers such as the Flysky FS2A and iA6B can take up to a 2S lipo voltage (8V) directly. Most however will require a BEC to regulate the battery voltage down to 5V. Note that connecting a receiver + pin (typ. red wire) to a voltage higher than its rating may damage it, and Just 'Cuz Robotics is not responsible for damages caused by improper use or user error.
While this PCB is designed to safely operate inside a combat robot, it may get very hot. Touching it during, or shortly after operation, can result in serious burns.
Testing a robot with an active spinning weapon should never be done while maintaining a line of sight with the robot. Ideally, you should be testing inside an enclosed box or arena with at least 1/4" thick polycarbonate windows or top to see through, and 1/2” or thicker plywood or MDF construction. Operation (Including testing) outside of a suitable arena or test box could cause serious injury. By purchasing this product you acknowledge that you are responsible for the safe use of this product and that Team Just ‘Cuz Robotics or its employees are not liable for any injuries or damages.